Test VPHP

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Feb 13 01:45:01 CST 2003

on 2/13/03 1:20 AM, Rick Robinson at rickrobinson at attbi.com wrote:

Hi Rick,

> Ruslan or anyone else who can help,
>
> I'd be glad to test VPHP for you with my weather and recipe databases.
> (But don't think I can afford the product.)
>
> I'm running on OSX 10.2.3
>
> Do I have the right version of php installed? (I've been using php with
> mySQL, so know it works and will just use same apps to access
> valentina).
>
> First step in instruction is to put folder "Valentina" into "php/ext".
> Where is "php/ext"?
>
> The native install of OSX 10.2.3 does not have a php.ini file as far as
> I know. How do I create one and where?

Rick, it looks you simply use PHP that is pre-installed with MacOS X, yes?
If I am not mistake that is 4.2.x version of PHP.

They have ship not so far 4.3.0 PHP.
This version compile with no problems on MacOS X and I think it bring some
new features and fixed, and it is needed for Valentina PHP.

You can download PHP 4.3.0 from www.php.net
When you uncompress archive you will find the hurt of php :-)

2) Rick, please download latest beta of VPHP.
It now have package installer, so you simply will choose folder "php-4.3.0"

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com