[V4RB] fields

Pedro fp lists at pedro.Net.au
Wed Feb 12 04:01:33 CST 2003

G'day Folks

I have sub-classed some Valentina filed classes so that I can give them
a couple of extra properties. Currently each  sub-classed field has a
method setExtras which simply assigns the parameters passed to the
extra properties like this ...

   fSeqTop = new P2VVarChar( "seqTop", 504, "ASCII", kv_Nullable )
   fSeqTop.setExtras( "Top", true )

If possible I would prefer to give my sub-classes constructors so that
those 2 lines would become ...

   fSeqTop = new P2VVarChar( parameter list )

Is this possible? If so can anyone offer tips as to how I set the field
properties within the constructor of my sub-class?

Also, I have group of fields which are the same except for their names.
Could I declare a field property in my BaseObject as an array &
construct those fields in a loop?

Cheers, Pedro :-)

Web: <http://www.pedro.net.au>                    PGP Key ID: 387CD96F
Instant messaging...  AIM: bandidoOfOz  ICQ: 27671678  Jabber: pedrofp
                       MSN: mail at pedro.net.au           Yahoo: pedro_fp
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I
ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."
                                           Dom Helder Camera