[VXCMD] Newbie Really basic ObjectPtr question...

Rodney Tamblyn rodneytamblyn at paradise.net.nz
Wed Feb 12 09:33:26 CST 2003

>> Now, imagine I have come to the point where I wish to add a reference
>> to a particular image (let's say it's the first record in the Media
>> DB)
>> to a record in the Content table.  How do I do this?
>
>     Consider ObjectPtr as ulong field.
>     so simply assign 1 to this field.
>

> FldRef this is pointer to Field itself.
> You need store in ObjectPtr the RecID of record of table Media, i.e. 1

OK. My ImagePtr field contains 1, but this doesn't point explicitly at
the Image blob field of "Media" table, only at the Media table itself.
So I may as well only have one ObjectPtr field to establish the
relationship between the Content and Media tables.  Will have a go at
getting this working today.

Thanks!

Rodney

--