[for ALL] Valentina Server 1.x // And they sayOpenBaseisgood?

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Mon Feb 10 19:50:52 CST 2003

Lynn wrote:
> I think it's a waste of time to divert what few resources Paradigma has
> to spend additional time creating something that will be put to bed once
> Valentina 2 is done.

Ruslan's initial comments was that it wasn't a big distraction and in fact
is was consistent with the current 2.0 development realities.

If I lose several hundred customers in that time because I don't have an OS
X solution that works properly than it's not a waste of time at all.

>If you'd like to front the money for Paradigma to
> hire on an extra person for this special build, then by all means open
> your wallet, or provide some significant arguments that your lead
> generating software will generate enough new Valentina sales to make it
> a reasonable decision.

Based on discussions with Ruslan today, it sounded like I'd be opening my
wallet for $6000-8000 in immediate server licenses just to take care of my
current customers. I'm trying to figure out how to eat that amount for my
customers sake. I owe them a solution when OS X breaks prior Valentina
functionality.

> Its been a long time to get to this point in Valentina 2 development. I
> couldn't see the horizon last year at this time, but I can now. June or
> July? June is 4 1/2 months away. In development terms, that isnt very
> long at all.

In a way you're right-- all this new technology requires more than 4.5
months time. I'd bet it won't all be ready for prime time commercial
deployment before fall.

On the other hand, this is an asinine position for you to take after I've
made it clear that as a Valentina developer, I've been patient for years and
I am hurting with an existing user base of nearly a thousand of users. It's
a very long time in my situation Lynn. It's unfortunate you care so little
about the vital needs of this Valentina developer when Ruslan has a nearly
complete intermediate solution.

Keith DeLong