[OFF] List structure

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Dec 15 02:35:51 CST 2003

>on 12/11/03 12:47 PM, Olaf Schmidtmann at os at brainbits.net wrote:
>
>>  Hi Ruslan,
>>
>>  I understand that you do not want an Announce-list. But maybe there is a way
>>  of separating the list into smaller chunks. Any chance?
>
>For example?
>
>May be it have sense move in separate list
>
>     SQL questions.
>
>This can have pure SQL questions. Not related to V4RB, V4MD.
>But for example, should here come only betas or release also?
>
>You see problem?
>
>Assume somebody subscribe to release list,
>But not to SQL. Is this right combination. I think no,
>Because SQL for most developers is vital issue.
>

>------
>Split by products also looks bad. Too many lists.
>And I have see many many times when RB developer help to Director developer.
>Or visa versa.
>
>So I really do not see reasons to have more than 2 lists.
>

>--
>Best regards,
>Ruslan Zasukhin      [ I feel the need...the need for speed ]

Ruslan, having an announcement list is not a bad idea. On the
contrary. You should not discard it so easily. Since the support list
is quite active, some Valentina users may opt out from participation
whereas they are likely to stay subscribed to an announcement list to
get info about product updates. Exactly because there will be so few
posts, and only posts from you and only posts of a really broad
appeal. That is your PR tool (among others). You should mention this
list, for example, in email with each registration. The announcement
list is totally independent from the support list.

Splitting off a beta list could be done right away IMHO. I mean
spinning off the server development issues. They made the number of
posts to go up quite a bit, whereas it is my feeling that only a
subset of developers participates.

I see no reason to separate SQL. Three lists will do :)

Robert Brenstein