Getting RecID of record just added

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Dec 6 20:56:28 CST 2003

on 12/6/03 6:54 PM, Ken Ray at kray at sonsothunder.com wrote:

> I didn't realize this... there was a discussion about this several
> months back, with Ruslan saying that getting the ID of a record that was
> just added wasn't available yet, but that he'd try to add it in a later
> build. Perhaps that had to do with INSERT instead of using cursors...
> hmm...

I think that was talk about feature

    last_insereted_record()

Which can allow inside of SINGLE SQL command INSERT records into

    "INSERT INTO ParentTable ...    ;
     INSERT INTO childTable () VALUES ( parentTable.last_inserted() )"

Since Valentina 1.x cannot do 2 commands inside of one SQL command,
This even is not needed.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com