[V4RB] Creating a database with unicode name

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Dec 5 09:43:47 CST 2003

on 12/5/03 1:33 AM, Stan Busk at maxprog at mac.com wrote:

Hi Stan,

This is the same info as before.

But I want understand:

1) from RB's NEW DIALOG, you get some unicode string, I think UTF8.

2) Do you convert it to usually multi-byte format ?

    It looks for us with big sure that IF you will convert it,
    then current Valentina functions will create disk files with good
    names on Russian, German, ...
    Igor have try this, and it works.

OF COURSE, if you simply send UTF8 string, you get problems.

I think it must not be a problem convert to the current SYSTEM encoding?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com