[V4RB] Creating a database with unicode name

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 00:33:38 CST 2003

Hi,

My problem is with Windows XP and Mac OS X. I choose to create a
database called 'áéíóú' for example and I get garbage. It looks like
raw Unicode text. You can check it using my app available here:
<http://www.maxprog.com/shareware/iCash.zip> I have tried during
several days to find a workaround and when I found 2 for Mac OS X, I
found none for Windows XP. Furthermore once the database is created
there is no way to change the file name. Whatever you do is converted
to more garbage. My app is made with RB 5.2.4 . I think you should fix
it on Mac OS X as well as I don't like too much the workarounds I have
found (one of them crashes on XP)

Stan