[V4RB] Creating a database with unicode name

Stan Busk maxprog at mac.com
Fri Dec 5 09:25:53 CST 2003

Hi,

But how do you convert FolderItem.name? I have tried to convert it but
it doesn't fix the problem. If for example you write FolderItem.name =
convertEnconding(Encodings.UTF8, Encodings.SystemDefault), result is
still UTF8 as it seems as soon as you assign a string to
FolderItem.name it is converted back to UTF8. Seems to be the same with
FolderItem.AbsolutePath so if you have code that fixes this problem I
have no problem checking it in my code but I bet you will *NOT*
succeed.

Stan