V4RB 351 Var Char Error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 2 23:42:12 CST 2003

on 12/2/03 8:52 PM, Cindy Brown at cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com wrote:

> The varchar field that is causing me all the trouble is in my assessments
> database and is 3000 characters long. I have other varchar fields but so far
> I have no corruptions in these. The assessments database is the most
> intensively used database on the program.

Hi Cindy,

I have debug TEST project with VarChar.

I have fix crash on big VarChar (  > 16KB  )
On some reason was commented a part of code.

This bug could not affect you because you say that you use VarChar[3000]
Maximum.

So now all my tests of VarChar works again very well.
And this is very intensive tests.

So I think problem really can come from your threading model.
Please make sure that you use semaphores AT LEAST when you do modifications
of records in Valentina db + flush.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com