V4RB 351 Var Char Error

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Dec 2 21:44:10 CST 2003

on 12/2/03 8:52 PM, Cindy Brown at cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
>> 1) at least during last 2 years was not found any major bugs in VarChar as I
>> remember.
>
> I need to put this in perspective. We haven't had any real crashes with
> Varchar or anything else over the last year or so. The databases have been
> running really well. It's just been these last two weeks. Of course, the
> database has been more intensively used as it is school report time. The
> crashes have happened at six different sites. I have been able to sort them
> out (by putting a replacement database in) but it just seems unusual that it
> is happening all of a sudden. I am now using REALbasic 5.2 which is much
> faster than 4.5 with the server sockets and I wonder if that has something
> to do with it.

Hi Cindy,

IF assume that RB have TRUE preemptive threads...
And second socket start something before first have finish.
Then may be.

On the other hand, I think REALbasic is CARBON application,
And they emulate preemptive threads.
Must be asked REAL.

Do you use one thread per socket model ?
I think it will be good idea use semaphore on Valentina calls.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com