VXCMD_Client, how to create db.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Aug 23 15:40:22 CDT 2003

Hi XCMD developers,

I am working now on VXCMD Client for Vserver.
Practically all is done.

I have meet just one small problem which I want discuss with you.

In VXCMD we have now

    dbRef = Database_New()
    dbRef = Database_Create( dbPath, [Mode], [SegmentSize] )
    dbRef = Database_Open( dbPath, [dbRef] )

Database_New was need only if you want encrypted db.
Now we need more parameters for VXCMD Client, so I see this as

FOR CLIENT:

    dbRef = Database_New( [inHost], [inUserName], [inUserPassword], [Port] )
    dbRef = Database_Create( dbPath, Mode, SegmentSize, dbRef )
    dbRef = Database_Open( dbPath, dbRef )

1) for VXCMD_CLEINT you always MUST create at first dbRef specifying
connection parameters.

2) Open() will MUST get this dbRef.
    (in VXCMD Standalone, dbRef is optional)

3) as you see we need add dbRef to Create(), as result parameters Mode,
SegmentSize will not be optional.

As idea, I can see other function

    Database_RemoteCreate( dbRef, dbPath, [Mode], [SegmentSize] )

Although I prefer not add new functions...

What you think guys?

More: Please inform me who need VXCMD Client in nearest time,
    and what platform you will use, e.g
            MetaCard Carbon ...
            MetaCard Macho ...

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com