[1.9.8 bug?] Orphaned Text lines

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Tue Aug 12 10:46:52 CDT 2003

le 11-08-03 20:11, erne <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> a écrit :

> Hi Francois,
>
> On Lunedì, ago 11, 2003, at 11:00 Europe/Rome, Francois Van Lerberghe
> wrote:
>
>> I just found another way to have orphan segments :
>> If you have a table with a blob field (VTextField in my case), delete a
>> record that have some value in this field and you stay with an orphan
>> segment.
>>

> are you sure?

Yes.
V4RB 1.9.8 final version, MacOS 9.1 french

But I was wrong saying it's on myCursor.delete (due to the "File still in
use" bug of the Diagnose report file, and thus not updating the report).
In fact, I experience the problem when I add record.

It seems that is not in all db (with the same structure and application). I
must play a bit more to narrow the problem. All db have initial diagnose
report "all right", but some, after adding record, show orphan segment.

Cheers

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin