[1.9.8 bug?] Orphaned Text lines

Francois Van Lerberghe fvanlerberghe at freegates.be
Mon Aug 11 11:00:14 CDT 2003

le 9-08-03 18:10, Erik Mueller-Harder <lists at praxisworks.com> a écrit :

> If you attempt to add a record to a base object, where a field is defined as
> "unique" and where another field is a Text field, and if the add fails because
> there's already a record with the unique value, you end up with orphaned lines
> in the Text field (as identified by Diagnose).

I just found another way to have orphan segments :
If you have a table with a blob field (VTextField in my case), delete a
record that have some value in this field and you stay with an orphan
segment.

The workaround is to test the value of the blob field and delete the blob
before delete the record. Unusable when you want to issue a DeleteAll
command.

Question :
Is it the normal way to delete a record or is there a bug and it's just a
workaround ?

François Van Lerberghe
Thier Monty, 15A
B-4570 Marchin