[ANN] 1.9.8 RELEASE and docs.

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Aug 4 17:33:49 CDT 2003

>on 8/1/03 21:23, Totte Alm at totte at code66.se wrote:
>

>>  fredagen den 1 augusti 2003 kl 11.55 skrev Robert Brenstein:
>>
>>>  Great, although you must realize that the change in API, particularly
>>>  SqlSelect, will slow down the adoption of this version. Too bad it was
>>>  not possible to set the defaults to match the old behavior.
>>>

>>  That was my point.
>>  Could have been a good point to have had
>>  '
>>
>>  SqlSelect() <-- The old way
>>  SqlCSSelect() <--- ClinetServer Way
>
>Hmm, guys!
>
>Where you was before when we have made beta testing ?! :-)

Gee, Ruslan, have mercy! I haven't managed to upgrade all my projects
from 1.8.10 to 1.9.6 yet and you want me to switch to 1.9.8 already?
I had no time whatsoever to participate in 1.9.8 beta testing and
even had limited time to follow the list postings. There is more to
work and life than Valentina, regardless how nice lady she is ;)

Seriously though, your decision may be right for the future; however,
the side-effect may be slower adoption rate initially, particularly
by people who are not gang-ho about the server functionality. What
Tote suggested could have been a temp solution for 1.9.8 release to
be dropped in 2.0.

Robert