[ANN] 1.9.8 RELEASE and docs.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Aug 2 00:59:04 CDT 2003

on 8/2/03 0:39, Totte Alm at totte at code66.se wrote:

> fredagen den 1 augusti 2003 kl 22.04 skrev Ruslan Zasukhin:
>>> SqlSelect() <-- The old way
>>> SqlCSSelect() <--- ClinetServer Way
>
>> Hmm, guys!
>>
>> Where you was before when we have made beta testing ?! :-)
>
> Sorry Ruslan,
> I wasnt in Valentina world then. I was neck-deep in another project
> (almost drowned).
> I saw this when I got the gcc 3.3 version of VSDK_PB. Sorry.
>
> Its just the Apple way of doing things when you change an API, the
> microsoft way is the other way (no offense Ruslan).

No problem,
Actually I still think we have choose good way.

N minutes of pain and later pleasure.
Instead of later forever confusing "why we have 2 functions?" :-)

Although I should note, in future version these 3 parameters also will be
able specify inside of SQL string. So again developer will get choice:
    -- where specify them.

But this will not change in API. I think SQL command's parameters will
OVERRIDE parameters of SqlSelect() call.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com