[V4MD] Vserver for Windows was updated

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Apr 28 11:43:07 CDT 2003

on 4/28/03 1:43 AM, Sean Wilson at snw at paradise.net.nz wrote:

>> We have update archive of Windows version of Vserver.
>>
>> Now it have all needed DLLs
>>
>> So if you need Windows server please download it again.
>
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> Thanks - the server now runs properly.
>
> Now I have problems with the client xtra :(
>
> I'll try to describe what's happening: when I run the server and then the
> example file included with the client, the example fails at the line
> set gDB = new(xtra"VDataBase", "", "sa", "sa")
> with the message "Wrong number of parameters". I expect that this happened
> because the "new" call was conflicting with my existing V4MD xtra, so I
> removed it from the xtras folder altogether. When I do this, the first line
> in your example file
> ValentinaInit( ... )
> fails with a "Handler not defined" error. It seems that the xtra isn't
> registering with the Director authoring environment. If I run "showXLib" in
> the message window (having removed V4MD) I don't see the client xtra
> listed. When I rename the client from "V4MD_Client.dll" to
> "V4MD_Client.x32" (as I was expecting an xtra - I have no idea how/if
> Director registers dll files as xtras and queries them for their associated
> methods) it still doesn't appear in my list of scripting xtras.
>
> Sorry if that's confusing - in short, the client xtra (and its methods)
> doesn't seem to be available to Director for whatever reason.
> (Director MX & 8.5.1, Windows XP)

Hi Sean,

1) yes, you must for now have in Xtra folder either V4MD or V4MD_Client.

Wow!!!

Lynn, guys.
for Director we can easy allow, to have both Xtras in the work.
Only we also need in V4MD_Client change name to VCDatabase and VCCursor
To differ them in Xtras.
Hmm, we need to play with this more....

2) Sean, we will test Xtra here once again today.
It seems before I have test it only on MAC.
Not sure if Igor have test it on WIN

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com