[V4MD] Howto: Linking a One Field Table to Multiple Tables

Ray Hausmann hausmann at reiter.com
Mon Apr 28 17:06:33 CDT 2003

hi friends,

in a complex database design for a learning environment
i want to link a field to multiple tables:

I have a table "Interactions" that stores the sequence
of tasks a user has to solve.

Table: Interactions
Field: Interactions

the tasks are of different type. so they have a different
count and different types of parameters. so all parameters
of the same types interactions are stored in one table. a
record of one of these tables shell be linked to the above
table. For instance ...

Table: SingleChoice
Fields: Pos1Word, Pos2Word, Pos3Word, Pos4Word, CorrectWord

Table: TrueFalse
Fields: TrueWords, FalseWords

How can I achieve that table "Interactions" contains links to
"SingleChoice" and "TrueFalse". IMO this cannot be done using
the objectptr type for field "Interactions", am i right?

ray()