Vserver for Windows was updated

Sean Wilson snw at paradise.net.nz
Mon Apr 28 10:43:08 CDT 2003

>We have update archive of Windows version of Vserver.
>
>Now it have all needed DLLs
>
>So if you need Windows server please download it again.

Hi Ruslan,

Thanks - the server now runs properly.

Now I have problems with the client xtra :(

I'll try to describe what's happening: when I run the server and then the
example file included with the client, the example fails at the line
set gDB = new(xtra"VDataBase", "", "sa", "sa")
with the message "Wrong number of parameters". I expect that this happened
because the "new" call was conflicting with my existing V4MD xtra, so I
removed it from the xtras folder altogether. When I do this, the first line
in your example file
ValentinaInit( ... )
fails with a "Handler not defined" error. It seems that the xtra isn't
registering with the Director authoring environment. If I run "showXLib" in
the message window (having removed V4MD) I don't see the client xtra
listed. When I rename the client from "V4MD_Client.dll" to
"V4MD_Client.x32" (as I was expecting an xtra - I have no idea how/if
Director registers dll files as xtras and queries them for their associated
methods) it still doesn't appear in my list of scripting xtras.

Sorry if that's confusing - in short, the client xtra (and its methods)
doesn't seem to be available to Director for whatever reason.
(Director MX & 8.5.1, Windows XP)

Thanks,
-Sean.