Setting system date to yyyy-mm-dd permanently

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:17:39 CDT 2008

To add to system date and Valentina Studio date "funkiness". On an Intel Mac
which has the U.S. system date (no attempt to set a custom system date to
match YYYY-MM-DD there is no problem with the settings in Valentina Studio
and the settings in the database changing by themselves back to mm/dd/yy.
But it appears to happen on the older G4 Mac even to a database that is
moved back and forth and used in RunRev without opening it in vStudio. There
is no way I can report this to Mantis yet as I haven't figured out exactly
what is causing the database to change the date settings on their own back
to mm/dd/yy but it is an important bug as all sorts of crashes result when
the data in the date fields are formated yyyy-mm-dd and the database is
expecting them to be mm/dd/yy.

Has anyone else encountered this date setting weirdness? For me it is
limited to the G4 mac running OS 10.4 and does not happen on the Intel Mac
running OS 10.5