Setting system date to yyyy-mm-dd permanently

Joseph Morgan joseph at checkos.com
Tue Jul 22 13:17:00 CDT 2008

I thought you have to set the date for the database each time you open
it no matter what. I always use yyyy-mm-dd. But no matter the
platform, the date always reverts to something else. This is the case
in vstudio and outside of vstudio (ie. realbasic or perhaps runrev). I
don't think this is a bug as I am pretty sure I recall Ruslan stating
that this was the intended behavior. I always run the following sql
command on any database right after opening it and it always works for
me:

SET PROPERTY DateTimeFormat,DateSeparator,TimeSeparator OF DATABASE TO

You may want to check out the wiki for more info but I think kMDY
would give you the mm/dd/yy dates then set your date separator and
that should work.

Joseph