a69 cosmetic issues and bug system did not work for me

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Thu Oct 28 20:47:02 CDT 2004

Hi Michael,

> Please explain again why Valentina files 1.x _has_ to be present in the
> datasources column when there are no local files. I don’t get it and
> neither
> do my end users. It makes more sense to me for something like
> “Valentina local files 1.x” to be present _after_ a later data file is
> created.
I see your point, Michael.

Look - vStudio can open several KINDS of databases:
- Valentina 1.x databases
- Valentina 2.x databases (not in the current alpha)
- Valentina Server databases
- ODBC databases

We have ONE menu entry "Open database.." - so - how can i tell vStudio
WHICH KIND of
database i want to open? Well - i can provide FOUR menu entries..- but
this is bad, unflexible way.
Current implementation is: You click in the first column on the
kind/type of database you wish to
work with.

But - well - maybe this must be improved - i will think about it...