a69 cosmetic issues and bug system did not work for me

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Wed Oct 27 10:27:28 CDT 2004

Hi Michael,

>. I just polled my sophisticated end users
> and they had no clue what a filesystem is. If there is no database created
> yet, then I think the column should be empty.
Michael - your end user don't have to know anything about "filesystems" -
The entry "Valentina files 1.x" is only used for grouping different
datasources - note that you can not only open databases from Valentina but
also from Valentina Server and ODBC datasources. So - when you choose
to open a database the kind of databases which will be opened depends on
what is selected in the first column. Because you can always open local
Valentina databases this entry is always shown. You cannot always open
for example ODBC databases - for this you must first open a connection to
the ODBC datasource...
You can also think about it as a folder. It is present even if there are
no files in it..

Well - but in any case i am free for any good ideas here - so - if anyone
consider this approach as not easy enough for beginners we can try to
change
that.