[ANN] Build 1.0a69 available

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Mon Oct 25 03:01:21 CDT 2004

Greetings,

Downloaded a69.

Here are observations:

[1] Application does start out of the box, but only from the desktop.
[2] Putting it in the folder where I keep my development tools, it will
not launch.
[3] However, it will run from inside the Applications folder.
[4] I can create a new database in the folder that is the default
location, as presented in the create new database dialog. However, I
cannot create a new database in a separate folder where I like to keep
such activities. I get an error message that reads: Valentina Studio
Error, Kernel Error: -43. There is no other file of the name I entered
in that folder.

Hope this helps.

This looks like a promising application. However, I'm a bit leery of
spending $60 for the privilege of being an Alpha-tester. [Note: I
'assume' that's what the "a" means in the version number; this project
is in the alpha-test stage of development.]

Also, if we are in development mode here, how about removing the
10-minute time limitation and installing a date limitation while we're
debugging? Say like so many days after installation. And, base the days
on the mean time between versions. Or a drop-dead date based on when
you plan to have another version out. Then, once you've got the final
form running, ask for the money.

It's your project. I'm just offering suggestions.

Keep up the good work....

Regards,

Chuck