[ANN] Build 1.0a69 available

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Mon Oct 25 11:36:11 CDT 2004

Hi Chuck!

> Here are observations:
>
> [1] Application does start out of the box, but only from the desktop.
> [2] Putting it in the folder where I keep my development tools, it will
> not launch.
> [3] However, it will run from inside the Applications folder.
This seems to be the same problem which Kurt has reported. I will
investigate this.

> [4] I can create a new database in the folder that is the default
> location, as presented in the create new database dialog. However, I
> cannot create a new database in a separate folder where I like to keep
> such activities. I get an error message that reads: Valentina Studio
> Error, Kernel Error: -43. There is no other file of the name I entered
> in that folder.
Chuck - can you OPEN a db located somewhere else? (Just move the created db
from the default location to another place and try to open it there)

> Hope this helps.
>
> This looks like a promising application. However, I'm a bit leery of
> spending $60 for the privilege of being an Alpha-tester. [Note: I
> 'assume' that's what the "a" means in the version number; this project
> is in the alpha-test stage of development.]
Yes - correct. It's Alpha...:-)
On the other hand you can use it already for:
- maniupulating database structure
- browsing data
- import data from ODBC
So - it is called Alpha because it does not contain all the funcionality
of the final version.

> Also, if we are in development mode here, how about removing the
> 10-minute time limitation and installing a date limitation while we're
> debugging? Say like so many days after installation. And, base the days
> on the mean time between versions. Or a drop-dead date based on when
> you plan to have another version out. Then, once you've got the final
> form running, ask for the money.
Well - we will think about that.