RealBasic

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Wed Oct 20 16:34:53 CDT 2004

Hi Gunnar,

> I think you work on Windows ?
>
>> 1. I create a database file.
>> 2. Import data from ODBC.
>
> I think you can try to CLOSE file here. And open it,
> To force ODBC improt data go to disk and make sure that on this step
> all
> right.
Yes - i also consider this! Please make sure that your new database
contains
all necessary data from the import. Just close it and reopen it.

>> 3. Then I encrypt the database file by click on the encrypt on the
>> rigt
>> side, en then I am asked for encrypt key, which I enter.
>
> ok
Encryption or structure encryption?

>> 4. I close the database file.
>
> ok
>
>> 5. Open the database file again, twice it is ok. but then I get this
>> error
>> message.
>
> Hmm. When you open db are you asked for key again ?
>

>> I have done the some times and I always come with this error!. I have
>> delete
>> the file and try again but always the same. And if Windows Shut down
>> the
>> VStudio for some reason I get error message after that and I cant
>> open the
>> file any more.
>

>> I hope this is not the case with VCOM or Valentina for Real Basic?
>
> I also hope so. This can be Visual Studio bug.
Well - Valentina Studio :-)
Maybe - but strange is that it works once, right Gunnar?
Only the second time does not work, right?