RealBasic

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 20 17:25:06 CDT 2004

On 10/20/04 3:52 PM, "Gunnar Jacobsen" <gunnar at fastpro.com> wrote:

Hi Gunnar,

I think you work on Windows ?

> 1. I create a database file.
> 2. Import data from ODBC.

I think you can try to CLOSE file here. And open it,
To force ODBC improt data go to disk and make sure that on this step all
right.

> 3. Then I encrypt the database file by click on the encrypt on the rigt
> side, en then I am asked for encrypt key, which I enter.

ok

> 4. I close the database file.

ok

> 5. Open the database file again, twice it is ok. but then I get this error
> message.

Hmm. When you open db are you asked for key again ?

> I have done the some times and I always come with this error!. I have delete
> the file and try again but always the same. And if Windows Shut down the
> VStudio for some reason I get error message after that and I cant open the
> file any more.

> I hope this is not the case with VCOM or Valentina for Real Basic?

I also hope so. This can be Visual Studio bug.

First of all make sure that ODBC import is ok.

At last of end you will be able encrypt this db using RB code.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com