[ANN] 1.0a50 (Win) uploaded

Rob Wingate rwingate at visual-book.com
Fri May 14 15:44:05 CDT 2004

> Please have a look on it and let me know if you like
> it this way.

Very nice! It looks much better on Windows.

Note: although the "toolbar" buttons look good in the Schema Browser, the
round ADD and DELETE buttons in the Data Browser have white background rects
around the edges. It appears their transparency is not set.

> - The preferred navigator view is now stored as
> preference

This is working great. I tried several times and could not break it.

> - The sizes of the navigator columns are stored in
> the preferences

I tried each column several times, and found only one column width that
remains between sessions. It is the column divider between the two sections
of the List View window.

IOW, the following column sizes do not remain between sessions:

__NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_LIST_VIEW__
Database, Table Count, Table, Fields, Methods, Records, Field, Type, I ,U,
N, W, C

__NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_COLUMN_VIEW__
Datasources, Datasource Elements, Database Elements, Table Elements

__DATA_BROWSER_WINDOW__
No column sizes retained.

> - the size of the navigator window itself is also
> stored.

I could not get the navigator window (or any others) to retain their sizes
between sessions.

Please note that I didn't test for bugs, since you said a50 is mostly to
show cosmetic improvements. Also, I only tested on W2K.

Hope this helps,
Rob