[ANN] 1.0a50 (Win) uploaded

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Fri May 14 21:50:29 CDT 2004

Hi Rob!

> Very nice! It looks much better on Windows.
>
> Note: although the "toolbar" buttons look good in the Schema Browser,
> the
> round ADD and DELETE buttons in the Data Browser have white background
> rects
> around the edges. It appears their transparency is not set.
Yes - this will change!
We will get completly NEW and better icons from an artist.
He is working on this stuff right now - i will integrate it as soon as
i get it.
You can look at the new splash window to see his work!

>> - The preferred navigator view is now stored as
>> preference
>
> This is working great. I tried several times and could not break it.
>
>> - The sizes of the navigator columns are stored in
>> the preferences
>
> I tried each column several times, and found only one column width that
> remains between sessions. It is the column divider between the two
> sections
> of the List View window.
Hhmm this is strange....

> IOW, the following column sizes do not remain between sessions:
>
> __NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_LIST_VIEW__
> Database, Table Count, Table, Fields, Methods, Records, Field, Type, I
> ,U,
> N, W, C
Ahh - ok - i see bug.
Ok - the columns in the right side of the "list View" can not work - i
must fix
that!

> __NAVIGATOR_WINDOW_COLUMN_VIEW__
> Datasources, Datasource Elements, Database Elements, Table Elements
Hhm - this should work! Strange...
Can you try to trash your vsPrefsDB? (Inside your profile/home
directory)

> __DATA_BROWSER_WINDOW__
> No column sizes retained.
Ok - this is not implemented.

>> - the size of the navigator window itself is also
>> stored.
>
> I could not get the navigator window (or any others) to retain their
> sizes
> between sessions.
Strange - here it works - i must look into it.

> Please note that I didn't test for bugs, since you said a50 is mostly
> show cosmetic improvements. Also, I only tested on W2K.
>
> Hope this helps,
Yes!! Thank you very much!