Version 2

Rob Wingate rwingate at visual-book.com
Thu Jul 29 15:21:46 CDT 2004

Jochen,

> the important point for this discussion is WHERE to
> store this kind of preferences!

Right. And a definite benefit of not storing settings in a non-visible table
is not unnecessarily bloating the db size.

Why not add a "Preferences" folder at the vStudio root level, for storing
.gui files?

Personally, I wouldn't care if VS didn't maintain and clean up the contents
of such a folder; that's my own responsibility. File sizes for .gui files
would be negligible anyway.

If db prefs are to be stored outside the db itself (which I agree is a good
idea), it makes more sense to me to locate those prefs inside the vStudio
folder instead of in the User's folder.

</opinion>,
Rob