[Valentina-studio] Current development status, feature discussion

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 22 15:14:15 CDT 2003

on 9/22/03 3:06 PM, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
>> 18) AppleScript for MAC.
>>         not easy task
>
> For this point i also want to have a discussion!
> Yes - we need AppleScript support, of course. But question is if we
> need it immediatly
> with the 1.0 version...
> In ideal i would like to take the AppleScript implementation from VAPP
> and put it into vStudio
> as a (special) Plugin.
> At the same time we can make a "Valentina for AppleScript" OSAX as
> wrapper around this Plugin....
> We must have a look at the technical aspects here to see if this is
> possible..
> Can you send me the latest VAPP/AppleScript sources so that i can see
> how it can be integrated
> into the current vStudio?

1) I can, but in VAPP I use PowerPlant classes for AS
    I afraid this will not works for Vstudio.

2) we have some talk before:
    OSAX must be small, it do not have global vars like cache.
    so OSAX have big problems with db usage.

3) Scripting of Vstudio itself this is other question,
    having scripting people can integrate Vstudio with e.g Excell.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com