[Valentina-studio] Current development status, feature discussion

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Mon Sep 22 14:26:07 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

>>> 18) AppleScript for MAC.
>>>         not easy task
>>
>> For this point i also want to have a discussion!
>> Yes - we need AppleScript support, of course. But question is if we
>> need it immediatly
>> with the 1.0 version...
>> In ideal i would like to take the AppleScript implementation from VAPP
>> and put it into vStudio
>> as a (special) Plugin.
>> At the same time we can make a "Valentina for AppleScript" OSAX as
>> wrapper around this Plugin....
>> We must have a look at the technical aspects here to see if this is
>> possible..
>> Can you send me the latest VAPP/AppleScript sources so that i can see
>> how it can be integrated
>> into the current vStudio?
>
> 1) I can, but in VAPP I use PowerPlant classes for AS
>     I afraid this will not works for Vstudio.
Well - maybe it can work as Plugin build with CW...
In any case i can try to reuse as most as possible...

> 2) we have some talk before:
>     OSAX must be small, it do not have global vars like cache.
>     so OSAX have big problems with db usage.
Sounds very bad...
Is this still the case in times of Apple Script Studio?
So you can't build "big" extensions for it? I can't believe that...

> 3) Scripting of Vstudio itself this is other question,
>     having scripting people can integrate Vstudio with e.g Excell.
Yes - of course! And i think this kind of scripting will be very
important for
vStudio...