[Valentina-studio] Re: [VStudio] field flags

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 27 16:26:25 CDT 2003

on 7/27/03 16:14, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:

Hi Jochen,

>> 2) put some YOUR existed db under Vserver.
>>     you need register db in the Vserver's master table.
>>
>> *******************
>>     JOCHEN, I think Vstudio must have GUI for this operation.
>>         Don't know how to do this remotely, because you need access
>>         to *list of folders* of remote server
>>
>>       This is very important...otherwise people do not have easy way
>>     to drop existed db into server.
>>
>>     Interesting how this works in SQL Server..
>> *****************
> Yes - we need this. It must be possible to fully control the server
> remotly - because in most cases
> the server will be far away...

> I think vStudio must get the "list of folders" from VServer - we must
> have an API for this.

We have discuss this with Igor,
And we think you need to use FEATURE of OS.

You simply must show standard "Open dialog" connected to remote compute. If
user have rights he will see folders of remote computer as we see this in OS
usually.

Problem only we see for now, this dialog will return you "Network path",
But you need Full Path to db on the SERVER computer.
I am not expert here.

> As i have seen we already have API for registering db's with the
> server. Is this working right now?

YES it works.

> Also we need possibility to add and change server users. I have not
> looked into this - is this possible right now?

YES. Look into class Vserver.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com