[Valentina-studio] Re: [VStudio] field flags

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Sun Jul 27 15:14:05 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

> 2) put some YOUR existed db under Vserver.
>     you need register db in the Vserver's master table.
>
> *******************
>     JOCHEN, I think Vstudio must have GUI for this operation.
>         Don't know how to do this remotely, because you need access
>         to *list of folders* of remote server
>
>       This is very important...otherwise people do not have easy way
>     to drop existed db into server.
>
>     Interesting how this works in SQL Server..
> *****************
Yes - we need this. It must be possible to fully control the server
remotly - because in most cases
the server will be far away...
I think vStudio must get the "list of folders" from VServer - we must
have an API for this.
As i have seen we already have API for registering db's with the
server. Is this working
right now?
Also we need possibility to add and change server users. I have not
looked into this - is this
possible right now?