[Valentina-studio] First Impressions

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Jul 27 15:54:25 CDT 2003

on 7/27/03 14:24, Beatrix Willius at mail at beatrixwillius.de wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> Hello,
>
> here are some first impressions on Valentina Studio and some feature
> requests:
>
> - excellent artwork
> - sometimes the whole system is frozen for about 5 - 10 seconds
> - the file open dialog sees only the .vdb ending but not a file with a
> Valentina creator code
>
> Most important question: what is the goal of Valentina Studio? With an
> early alpha of course the development has only started. My background
> is in Filemaker and Access. What I would like to see is a combination
> of the strengths of both:

YES! we also want get COMBINATION of
        Valentina + FileMaker + Access.

> - easy to create layouts like in Filemaker (try this with Access, where
> it is very hard to do it right)

> - simple scripting language (from what I heard, this is to be Python)
        yes Phyton on start,
        later we do not see principle problems to have also
        Java, and other languages on choice of developer.

> - integration into my favorite IDE (Realbasic of course) to really
> rock. Example: for my book collection database I would like to
> integrate the SOAP interface for Amazon. Of course, you could do an xml
> editor, some Apple Script editor or whatever. However, with the
> integration into Realbasic this would not be needed.

Can you talk more about this integration?
How you see this?

For now as near step we have think about CODE GENRATION.
You in Vstudio create db, and can ask Vstudio to generate for you part of
code for any/all language that Valentina support.

SQL's CREATE TABLE
Or RB code for dynamic structure creation
Or RB code with Classes (although here problem -- names of classes, but this
can be as boTableName, fldFieldName)

> - visual SQL editor like in Access: this is one feature where Access is
> really great. You can tie as many tables together with a snap and then
> transform this into SQL.

Correct.
Jochen also dream about UML visual editor.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com