[Valentina-studio] First Impressions

Beatrix Willius mail at beatrixwillius.de
Mon Jul 28 20:00:13 CDT 2003

On Sonntag, Jul 27, 2003, at 14:54 Europe/Berlin, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> - integration into my favorite IDE (Realbasic of course) to really
>> rock. Example: for my book collection database I would like to
>> integrate the SOAP interface for Amazon. Of course, you could do an
>> xml
>> editor, some Apple Script editor or whatever. However, with the
>> integration into Realbasic this would not be needed.
>
> Can you talk more about this integration?
> How you see this?
>
> For now as near step we have think about CODE GENRATION.
> You in Vstudio create db, and can ask Vstudio to generate for you part
> of
> code for any/all language that Valentina support.
>
> SQL's CREATE TABLE
> Or RB code for dynamic structure creation
> Or RB code with Classes (although here problem -- names of classes,
> but this
> can be as boTableName, fldFieldName)

As a beginning I have thought only of the problem and not yet of a
solution. The question with automatic code generation is: how
complicated could you go in code? This could be rather easy for a
simple star schema. What about really complicated ERMs like having
multiple main business objects? The relationship manager/table layouter
would need to be very intelligent or you would need to help it somehow.
Sounds rather involved...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius
http://www.mothsoftware.com