[Valentina-studio] First Impressions

Beatrix Willius mail at beatrixwillius.de
Sun Jul 27 13:24:53 CDT 2003

Hello,

here are some first impressions on Valentina Studio and some feature
requests:

- excellent artwork
- sometimes the whole system is frozen for about 5 - 10 seconds
- the file open dialog sees only the .vdb ending but not a file with a
Valentina creator code

Most important question: what is the goal of Valentina Studio? With an
early alpha of course the development has only started. My background
is in Filemaker and Access. What I would like to see is a combination
of the strengths of both:

- easy to create layouts like in Filemaker (try this with Access, where
it is very hard to do it right)
- simple scripting language (from what I heard, this is to be Python)
- integration into my favorite IDE (Realbasic of course) to really
rock. Example: for my book collection database I would like to
integrate the SOAP interface for Amazon. Of course, you could do an xml
editor, some Apple Script editor or whatever. However, with the
integration into Realbasic this would not be needed.
- visual SQL editor like in Access: this is one feature where Access is
really great. You can tie as many tables together with a snap and then
transform this into SQL.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius
http://www.mothsoftware.com