[Valentina-studio] Re: SQL editor

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Mon Jul 21 12:40:36 CDT 2003

Hi Ruslan,

> 1) I am not very like dialogs after e.g. ISNERT.
>     I'd prefer this info into console or into some other special area.
This is bug in Alpha 6 build!! All messages will be routed to the
SQL-Console at the bottom -
but this "routing" is disabled in this build...

> 2) Just an idea.
> May be there is sense to have panel "History" of seanse linked to this
> SQL
> editor. Don't know where locate it.
Yes - maybe. What i had in mind is the listbox "recent.." which should
show the last 10 SQL
entries..

> So user can look, "what I have made few minutes ago?"
>

> 3) in the ideal we should have great auto-completion feature here.
> Jochen, this is not simple. As far as I know we will need to use here
> access
> to our 2.0 SQL grammar based on ANTLR. I have read on ANTLR that
> people do
> this, but still do not clear to me how.
Yes - this would be great. I think i can easy add something like that
because the SQL entry
field is based on Scintilla which in fact allows auto completion (but
as far as i see
based on standard SQL..)

> So later when you will switch Vstudio on 2.0 API, we will be able work
> on
> this. And may be I will put this task on some developer here.
Ok.