[Valentina-studio] Re: SQL editor

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 21 13:55:49 CDT 2003

on 7/21/03 13:40, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:

Hi Jochen,

>> 2) Just an idea.
>> May be there is sense to have panel "History" of seanse linked to this
>> SQL
>> editor. Don't know where locate it.
> Yes - maybe. What i had in mind is the listbox "recent.." which should
> show the last 10 SQL entries..

1) but this RECENT will display only SQL query itself.
History can show commands and results / errors.
Hmm, in fact console I think and IS that history I am talking about.

2) You menu with SQL commands do not works yet I think, yes?
For example, I choose SELECT, but it add only SELECT word into edit pane.
I'd expect

    SELECT (expr) FROM T WHERE ... GROUP BY ... ORDER BY ... HAVING ...

Well, agre, if print all this into edit pane, user will erase many of this
and hate us...

May be you need to make small "prompt pane" on top of editor pane, where
will be displayed syntax of entered SQL command in above form? Just for help
of typer?

>> So user can look, "what I have made few minutes ago?"
>>

>> 3) in the ideal we should have great auto-completion feature here. Jochen,
>> this is not simple. As far as I know we will need to use here access to our
>> 2.0 SQL grammar based on ANTLR. I have read on ANTLR that people do this, but
>> still do not clear to me how.

> Yes - this would be great. I think i can easy add something like that because
> the SQL entry field is based on Scintilla which in fact allows auto completion
> (but as far as i see based on standard SQL..)

You mean that in wxwindows they have such feature?
Interesting.

Do you mean something as we have in RB or Visual C++?

1) I start type

    SELECT .

If at this point I ask for auto, then I get list of fields, but not tables.
If I have

    SELECT tablePerson.

Then here I need get list of fields only from this table.
Correct? So wxWindows can do this?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com