[ANN] ALL products build 5.0b40

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Sep 11 15:51:17 CDT 2012

On 9/11/12 1:47 AM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:

Hi Jon,

>> *** VKENREL ***
>>
>> * fixed OLD bug in BLOB finally. Which was hard to reproduce and even
>> understand how to ... Vstudio and reports have help to find way reproduce
>> it. Secret was in combination
>>       DELETE of some blob value
>>       + UPDATE of the same record by another value.
>>

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> This sounds like it may be responsible for some of the common corruption
> problems I've had for years. I'm still using 4.9.1 for several reasons (one is
> older databases won't be compatible, and that's an issue since I have a large
> installed user base).

Yes, we also think so.

> But there are two other issues I'd like to know the
> status of:

> 1. Have you put back the normalization code in a form that the Mac App Store
> will accept?

Not yet.

You think its time return it back?
It needs remember exact details

> 2. Can we tell Valentina where to put the journal files (e.g. Application
> Support or Temporary Folder) so the users doesn't see it next to his
> databases?

We was not going provide such feature.

This can bring problem, that you try open from different folders two db with
the same name ...

Beatrix have asked if its possible make it invisible ...
But we also not sure this is a good idea.