[ANN] ALL products build 5.0b40

jda jda at his.com
Mon Sep 10 17:47:46 CDT 2012

> *** VKENREL ***
>
> * fixed OLD bug in BLOB finally. Which was hard to reproduce and even
> understand how to ... Vstudio and reports have help to find way reproduce
> it. Secret was in combination
>       DELETE of some blob value
>       + UPDATE of the same record by another value.

Hi Ruslan,

This sounds like it may be responsible for some of the common corruption problems I've had for years. I'm still using 4.9.1 for several reasons (one is older databases won't be compatible, and that's an issue since I have a large installed user base). But there are two other issues I'd like to know the status of:

1. Have you put back the normalization code in a form that the Mac App Store will accept?

2. Can we tell Valentina where to put the journal files (e.g. Application Support or Temporary Folder) so the users doesn't see it next to his databases?

Thanks,

Jon