[ANN] ALL products build 5.0b40

jda jda at his.com
Tue Sep 11 15:56:11 CDT 2012

> Not yet.
>
> You think its time return it back?
> It needs remember exact details

Remember, the problem was that Apple said you were using a private ICU API for the normalization, so it wouldn't allow any apps with Valentina to be in the Mac App Store.

>> 2. Can we tell Valentina where to put the journal files (e.g. Application
>> Support or Temporary Folder) so the users doesn't see it next to his
>> databases?
>
> We was not going provide such feature.
>
> This can bring problem, that you try open from different folders two db with
> the same name ...
>
> Beatrix have asked if its possible make it invisible ...
> But we also not sure this is a good idea.

Can't you use a UUID instead of a db name to identify the journal?

And what happens if the user moves the database to a different folder? I'm guessing that Valentina won't find it anymore. But if we can specify the folder (I like the idea of the Application Support folder on Macs) this wouldn't be a problem.

I also don't think making it invisible is a great idea, especially if the files can become very large. A compromise might be the Temp folder...

Jon