[ANN] Valentina 4.8 b21 MAC and WIN products. RESUME

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon May 7 01:29:35 CDT 2012

On 5/6/12 9:40 AM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,
Hi William,

I somehow overlooked this letter.
So I will try to answer.

1) why installer cannot find your plugin folder.

* main reason is -- can be few REALbasic or Livecode versions on
 developer computer, right?

    yes, I have see about 10 years ago, installers which was able do this on
MAC OS offering dialog which show few locations of some APP and asking to
choose one  ... It seems they was made with InstallShield installer maker
... But last years I do not see installers on OS X of that kind. Most people
use simple dmg and "copy to Applications" way. Right?

    I also did not see other RB plugin installers do this. IF you know
please point me, I will take a look.

So, we decide to use the most simple and obvious way for ADK:
  a) installer installs vcomponents
  b) installer installs Documents/Paradigma/ADK folder
      with plugin and example.

Easy rule for all OS, for all ADKs.

2) William, excuse me, but
  VSERVER, VSTUDIO and ADK are different and even independent products,

* Exists people which use only Vstudio.
* exists people which use only ADK
* exists people which use VSERVER + ADK
* exists people which use 3 them.

Again, how you image technically such "one button" download ??

It is bad idea make V4REV archive, which will include also vstudio and
vserver.

If to think about some JavaScript tricks, which allow you download 3
archives ... May be possible, but again can be more confusing because more
options then on download page ...

Hmm, may be to make simple script, which user download
And them script do
 * download 3 archives
 * run the same 3 installers one by one ..

But again ... Somebody may not want this ...