Jasson, vresever, MAC -- FIXED

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Aug 3 00:40:52 CDT 2008

On 8/2/08 5:28 PM, "Jason Moehlman" <jmoehlma at moehlman.com> wrote:

>> I have return back to PakageMaker, and after night of fight it works.
>> Checked on clean MAC also.
>>
>> So you can download new archive of vserver_office_mac
>>
>>    http://www.valentina-db.com/download/beta/3.6b31
>
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> I tried the new installer and it installed the full VServer_Office
> directory, but the StartupItems did not get installed.

There is NO StartupItems now!

Please read this page to get fast understanding

http://www.declaresub.com/article/28/managing-valentina-server-with-launchd

> The Installer
> reported errors of "The following install step failed: run preinstall
> script for com.paradigmasoft.vserver_office.  Contact the software
> manufacturer for assistance."
>
> So it is definitely better than the previous version that would not
> work at all with package manager.  If there are any logs you might
> need or anything I can do to assist, just let me know.

Well, pre-install scripts just try shutdown existed VSERVER.
So it should not big problem if it fails.

I expect that VSERVER is running now on your computer.

Please open ActivityMonitor, switch to All Processess
    and check if vserver_office is running

Or possible look into
    /Library/Vserver_Office to see if log file present
    if yes then server was started

Also possible to use TOP command in the terminal.

----
I have read on inet that when installer finish,
    we can not quite it, but in the menu Window
    open Log of installation.

I have not check yet self log in such way

----
Also if VSERVER is running, please try to run installer SECOND time to see
if this error of preinstall script will go away.