Jasson, vresever, MAC -- FIXED

Jason Moehlman jmoehlma at moehlman.com
Sun Aug 3 09:06:53 CDT 2008

On Aug 3, 2008, at 1:40 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> There is NO StartupItems now!
>
> Please read this page to get fast understanding
>
> http://www.declaresub.com/article/28/managing-valentina-server-with-launchd

I will do that, I just assumed that going back to PackageManager meant
the older startup scripts too.

> Well, pre-install scripts just try shutdown existed VSERVER.
> So it should not big problem if it fails.
>
> I expect that VSERVER is running now on your computer.

VServer_Office is not running at startup.  I can start it manually and
it does seem to work.

> Please open ActivityMonitor, switch to All Processess
>    and check if vserver_office is running
>
> Or possible look into
>    /Library/Vserver_Office to see if log file present
>    if yes then server was started
>
> Also possible to use TOP command in the terminal.
>

> ----
> I have read on inet that when installer finish,
>    we can not quite it, but in the menu Window
>    open Log of installation.
>
> I have not check yet self log in such way
>

> ----
> Also if VSERVER is running, please try to run installer SECOND time
> to see
> if this error of preinstall script will go away.

Second installation does not change, same error, VServer still not
running on it's own.  Still able to run manually from command line.

Thanks!

Jason