We need drop support of Panther 10.3.9

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Jun 27 15:15:18 CDT 2006

On 6/27/06 2:43 PM, "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua> wrote:

> Well, V4RB CARBON users still have ICU included.
>     so you will not be limited by 10.4
>     So you are safe until REAL will make RB UB,
>     and we will must move to xcode for RB plugins.
>
> So V4RB 2.4 and V4MD will work on 10.2+ yet......
>
> ---------
> Limitations comes only to Xcode - made products
>
>     Valentina for Rev   UB
>     Valentina Studio    UB
>     Valentina Server    UB
>

> V4RB MACHO -- if we agree to reduce its size and remove here ICU, then
>         it also will be limited to 10.4 +

Well, correction!

* we CAN provide Vstudio + Vserver to run on 10.3
    because this is Pradigma products, and we can be happy
    with keeping own version of ICU.

* original idea was remove ICU from ADK products for OS X.
    especially ICU become pain for UB because contains double size.

* We have currently only one UB ADK -- Valentina for Revolution.

    so we can get for now this limitation only for V4REV 2.4.
    May be really if will be needed we can make separate
    build of V4REV that contains ICU.

----------
Well, Jochen, to be able do this, I am starting correct all our xcode
projects in next way:

* I duplicate "Release (Universal)" to "Release (Universal) 10.3"

* in current Debug and Release configs I remove settings for 10.3

* in the new "Release (Universal) 10.3"  we need correct names of dlls to be
as     vkernel_fat_release_gcc33.dylib

* on our computers we can build all these dlls into the same
    /use/local/vcomponents

    they will not conflict because OS X know exact names
    of dependent dlls.

* we need correct all our RUN SCRIPTS in Vstudio and Vserver projects ...

What you think about this plan ?

------
Oh! Another way is:
    we do not touch names of current universal dlls,
    instead we change names of new "Release" target
    to be as vkernel_fat_release_gcc4.dylib

    then we do not need correct nothing in vstudio and vserver scripts,