[ANN] ROADMAP for next builds

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 24 14:33:36 CST 2006

Hi All members of Beta list,

I want inform you what to expect in nearest builds.

1) we going put major efforts to improve Valentina Server

2) We work now on adding SQL/XML according to SQL2003 standard.

3) We work now on support of Annotated XSD like MS SQL have.

4) We work now on support of HTTP access to VServer

5) points 2 and 5 open perfect road to using Flash and VServer

6) We work now on adding GRANT/REVOKE/ROLE according to SQL2003 standard

7) We work now on such cosmetic but useful commands as

        SHOW DATABASES
        SHOW TABLES
        SHOW COLUMNS

    This commands already work, and they will work even
    in non-server products.

------------
8) Also we going implement Triggers and Views. But this into 2.4 release.

9) and of course Link improvements as I have discuss with Ed.

10) and we have invent one more cool abstraction to be added into
    Valentina Database Model. I will not discover for now what is this.

11) and may be after VIEW may be in parallel way we will try implement
inheritance

12) also we consider to add to Vserver support of Rendezvous.

13) also we need probably add support of ADO NET into VNET

14) also we must developer JDBC driver.