A quick question. RBDB and Vdatabase together?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 3 20:49:14 CST 2006

On 2/3/06 8:22 PM, "Norman Palardy" <npalardy at great-white-software.com>
wrote:

Hi Norman,
Hi All,

Norman have raise issue which was on hold all this time:
    How we can use in the same time RBDB and Valentina API.

Idea is next:

* REALbasic offer class Database

* V4RB have class VRBDatabase inherited from Database.

* V4RB have VDatabase.

I have try inherit Vdatabase from VRBDatabase.
    compile in RB app it works fine. So there is no any possible
    conflicts between methods of classes. This is good.

* I have check as V4RB native examples, so RBB example. All works fine.

* So in ideal developer which want this will do

  dim vdb as VDatabase = new Vdatabase

        -- and this is also VRBDaatbase.
            which we can use everythere as RBDB database.

Actually still here some work todo I think,
Because each class VRBDatabase and Vdatabase keep own pointers to internal
engine objects. I need find way join this.

So far all looks promising.