A quick question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 3 21:41:26 CST 2006

On 2/3/06 9:32 PM, "Norman Palardy" <npalardy at great-white-software.com>
wrote:

>> [OFF a little]
>>
>> So in RBDB recordset was on the first record from start
>>
>> I believe ODBC style says that recodset on start has position BEFORE
>> first
>> record. And ODBC style use the next syntax which is the most short.
>>
>>     rs = db.sqlselect ( ... some query ... )
>>     while( rs.NextODBC() )
>>
>>     wend
>>
>> If I not mistake this syntax must work for Valentina also.
>> Aha, we have not exposure to V4RB function NextRecordODBC().
>> Bad. WE will do this for next build.
>>
>> But this is not primary syntax for Valentina. Read more.
>> Mainly because I do not like idea that recordset can have position
>> BEFORE
>> first record. IMHO this is not natural idea.
>
> Ahhh ok
> Java RecordSets behave like this too so the style is to write
>
> while r.nextrecord
>
> ... do something ...
> wend

Norman, above I have write that THIS NOT WORKS!

And right now I have add to V4RB 4 new methods.

    Vcursor.NextRecord_ODBC
    Vcursor.PrevRecord_ODBC
    Vcursor.FirstRecord_ODBC
    Vcursor.LastRecord_ODBC

I do new example now to test them. So if okay then new build of V4RB will
support such syntax.

I think in about 30-60 minutes I will get results how it works.

You need use for now

>     r = vdb.SqlSelect("select field1 from test2")
>
>     // we check if cursor have at least one record:
>     if( r.FirstRecord() ) then
>         do
>

>         while( r.NextRecord() )
>     endif

Or wait up to tomorrow may be for next beta build