[ANN] V4RB MACHO uploaded 2.2 b6

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Feb 3 19:37:42 CST 2006

On 2/3/06 5:35 PM, "Charles Yeomans" <yeomans at desuetude.com> wrote:

>> Then I assume that you did this only on your own developer computer.
>> And you have not try copy that app to other clean computer.
>>
>> Problem was that MACHO .app package will expect to see VComponents
>> folder at
>> app/contents/VComponents folder.
>
> I have to install the VComponents on each computer, of course.  Since I
> have more than one application, this is more efficient.

Right,

But in fact you have
    Carbon-MACHO Application which work with CARBON VComponents folder.
    and V4RB plugin is used CARBON.

BTW, one of advantage of V4RB MACHO plugin is that it use true OS X sockets.
CARBON plugin uses emulator library GUSI, which is about 3 times slower of
native sockets.

So developers who use V4RB + Vserver should prefer now V4RB MACHO
And build apps as MacOS X only...

YET for e.g. Charles we need find way how to make this working when
VComponents is outside.

REALbasic with its idea put all into .rbx format cause problems here again.
You cannot get access to plugin.dylib to change its settings using command
line utils of OS X